Thursday, January 22, 2009

People are happy here too...

Yesterday, I was on my way to sign-up for Spanish classes at the National University here. I was stopped by security on my way through the gate because they wanted to check the serial number on my laptop and give me a pass. When they asked for my name, drawing on my experience, I decided to show my ID instead of trying to pronounce my name.

"Soy un gringo," I said with pride.

"Obama!" one of the guards responded.

"Lo maximo! Estoy muy feliz," I replied (The best! I'm very happy!).

"Yo tambien," agreed another guard.

1 comment:

Oli Lo said...

I once had a story that the passport is not required. so weird... usually people are always asking.. I was surprised.. I heard on one site (link will be left below) that was this story, when one person was missing his girlfriend, who then committed a robbery or something like that. quivo.co/